Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Altec 19 crossover plate dimensions?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ricohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2010
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Altec 19 crossover plate dimensions?

    I have started to repair the cabs on my 19's. As the previous owner had enlarged the opening for the crossover I need to close it up to make them presentable.
    This is where I'm at.
    Before. Hacky hack.
    31
    Inside.
    32

    I have now grafted in a piece of walnut veneer and it looks pretty good just with oil applied. But I need the crossover plate dimensions. I don't have an original crossover (still looking) and I would like to know how far beyond the mounting holes the plate covers.
    The 1/4 walnut sheet in the pic below is lined up with the factory mounting holes.
    33

    34

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 19 crossover plate dimensions?

    It should be the same as a 1285, so 4.5" wide, barely wider than the machine screw mounting bosses.

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ricohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2010
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 19 crossover plate dimensions?

    Thanks very much. It seems the borders of my repair should fit nicely under the factory plate.
    Good news!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.